Need An Alternative For Your Pet’s Oral Medication?
The Dial-a-Dose Pen from SCIRx is an excellent option when orally medicating a pet is too difficult and stressful for the pet and pet owner. A turn of the pen will give you accurate dosage each time. The medication is applied directly to the inside of the cat’s ear flap. Because the medication in the cream is absorbed through the skin, it is important to wear finger cots or protective gloves when you apply the cream to prevent absorption through your skin, and to wash your hands immediately after using.
Instructions for Dial-a-Dose Transdermal Cream 4mL Pen
A transdermal cream has been ordered by your veterinarian for your pet. The medication in the cream is absorbed through the skin, thus it is important to wear finger cots or protective gloves when you apply the cream to prevent absorption through your skin, and to wash your hands immediately after using.
The cream is dispensed using the Dial-a-Dose Applicator and is gently massaged directly on the inside portion of your pet’s ear flap. To apply, use a dry cotton ball to clean the ear of residue before each new application. When possible, alternate the ear to which you apply the cream.
Prime the Dial-a-Dose Pen Applicator: (Note: This process should only be done the first time the applicator is used. Subsequent uses should begin with steps listed under “Dispense Regular Dosing” below.)
- Remove the cover cap. Turn the end clockwise until a small amount of cream forms evenly at the tip of the pen to prime the applicator. Turn the end until the left facing arrow lines up with the right facing arrow
- Wipe the applicator tip clean with a tissue to remove any cream that was dispensed.
- Replace the cap if you are not administering the medication at this time. Otherwise, continue per dosing directions below.
Dispense Regular Dosing: (Note: If medication does not appear, during a subsequent use, follow the instructions above to “Prime the Dial-a-Dose Applicator”.)
- Remove the cover cap. The red arrow and black arrow should be aligned facing each other. Turn slowly the right side of the applicator which has the red arrow 1 or 2 rotations away from you (please read directions on prescription bag prescribed by your veterinarian) until the arrows are re-aligned. Do not turn the red arrow towards you.
- The exact dose of medication will be dispensed on the tip of the applicator.
- Place the applicator tip directly on the finger cot or glove, if not using a glove place applicator directly on the inside skin portion (hairless side) of the pet’s ear and gently rub the medication well into the skin with the finger cot, glove or tip.
- Wipe the applicator tip clean with a tissue and replace the cap.
If you have any questions regarding this medication or the delivery method, please contact your veterinarian or SCIRx Pharmacy.
Common Medications Include
Still Have A Question?
Reach out to us directly to speak with a knowledgeable SCIRx Team Member today.